By Harry M. Benshoff,Sean Griffin
- Provides a complete evaluation of the economic, socio-cultural, and aesthetic components that give a contribution to cinematic representations of race, classification, gender, and sexuality
- Includes over a hundred illustrations, word list of key words, questions for dialogue, and lists for extra reading/viewing
- Includes new case stories of a couple of movies, together with Crash, Brokeback Mountain, and Quinceañera
Read or Download America on Film: Representing Race, Class, Gender, and Sexuality at the Movies PDF
Similar film & video art books
Because the days of silent motion pictures, track has been quintessential to the cinematic event, serving, variously, to allay audiences' fears of the darkish and to intensify a film's emotional effect. but audience are usually ignorant of its presence. during this daring, insightful ebook, movie and tune pupil and critic Royal S.
Cinema, Cross-Cultural Collaboration, and feedback presents a platform for a brand new politics of feedback, a collaborative ethos for a special type of courting to cross-cultural cinema that invitations additional conversations among filmmakers and audiences, indigenous and others.
"Help me! aid me! " Andre Delambre is a faithful husband, a loving father and an excellent scientist. whilst his physique is located in his laboratory along with his arm and head overwhelmed by means of a hydraulic press, his spouse Helene admits to having killed him. Believing Helene incapable of this sort of crime, Andre's brother slowly uncovers the reality - that an test with Andre's new teleportation gadget went horribly flawed and Andre persuaded Helene to aid him in suicide.
Swedish filmmaker Roy Andersson�s celebrated and enigmatic movie Songs from the second one flooring, his first characteristic movie in twenty-five years, received the detailed Jury Prize on the Cannes movie pageant in 2000. The �songs� of the film�s identify confer with Andersson�s creative ruminations at the kingdom of mankind from his workplace at the moment ground of Studio 24 in Stockholm.
- Freddie Francis: The Straight Story from Moby Dick to Glory, a Memoir
- Past for the Eyes: East European Representations of Communism in Cinema and Museums after 1989 (Hors collection)
- The Charley Chase Talkies: 1929-1940
- Historical Dictionary of Film Noir (Historical Dictionaries of Literature and the Arts)
- War on the Silver Screen
- The Producer's Business Handbook: The Roadmap for the Balanced Film Producer (American Film Market Presents)
Extra info for America on Film: Representing Race, Class, Gender, and Sexuality at the Movies
America on Film: Representing Race, Class, Gender, and Sexuality at the Movies by Harry M. Benshoff,Sean Griffin