By Rudolf Pell Gaudio
- The first ethnographic examine of sexual minorities in Africa, and considered one of only a few works on sexual minorities within the Islamic world
- Engagingly written, combining leading edge, ethnographic narrative with analyses of sociolinguistic transcripts, old texts, and well known media, together with video, movie, newspapers, and song-poetry
- Analyzes the social studies and expressive tradition of ‘yan daudu (feminine males in Nigerian Hausaland) relating to neighborhood, nationwide, and worldwide debates over gender and sexuality on the flip of the twenty-first century
- Winner of the 2009 Ruth Benedict Prize within the type of "Outstanding Monograph"
Read or Download Allah Made Us: Sexual Outlaws in an Islamic African City (New Directions in Ethnography) PDF
Similar psychology of sexuality books
A wealthy and engrossing account of 'sexual outlaws' within the Hausa-speaking quarter of northern Nigeria, the place Islamic legislations calls for strict separation of the sexes and various principles of habit for girls and males in nearly each side of existence. the 1st ethnographic research of sexual minorities in Africa, and one in every of only a few works on sexual minorities within the Islamic global Engagingly written, combining leading edge, ethnographic narrative with analyses of sociolinguistic transcripts, ancient texts, and renowned media, together with video, movie, newspapers, and song-poetry Analyzes the social reviews and expressive tradition of ‘yan daudu (feminine males in Nigerian Hausaland) relating to neighborhood, nationwide, and international debates over gender and sexuality on the flip of the twenty-first century Winner of the 2009 Ruth Benedict Prize within the classification of "Outstanding Monograph"
The real tale of 1 man’s fight together with his personal homosexuality— was once he born this fashion, or was once he conditioned by way of abuse, surroundings, and condition? may well God love him despite the life-style he used to be best? used to be it attainable for somebody like him to alter or to be replaced? The author’s route to victory is shared in order that others might recognize that “nothing is very unlikely with God.
Lyombe Eko includes out an old and cultural survey of the law of visible depictions of specific human sexual behavior from their earliest visual appeal at the clay capsules of the valley of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers in historic Mesopotamia, to the capsule pcs of Silicon Valley. The law of Sex-Themed visible Imagery analyzes the modern challenge of the applicability of the human correct of freedom of expression to particular imagery within the face of societal pursuits within the legislation of representations of human sexuality.
Let's accept it, say Barash and Lipton: women and men, girls and boys, women and men are various. to ensure, those variations are usually heightened by means of differences in studying, cultural culture, and social expectation, yet underpinning all of them is a primary distinction that derives from biology.
- The Pleasure's All Mine: A History of Perverse Sex
- Delinquent Daughters: Protecting and Policing Adolescent Female Sexuality in the United States, 1885-1920 (Gender and American Culture)
- Moral Panics, Sex Panics (Intersections)
- Not Under My Roof: Parents, Teens, and the Culture of Sex
- The Limits of Ferocity: Sexual Aggression and Modern Literary Rebellion
- Partorire con il corpo e con la mente (Italian Edition)
Additional info for Allah Made Us: Sexual Outlaws in an Islamic African City (New Directions in Ethnography)
Allah Made Us: Sexual Outlaws in an Islamic African City (New Directions in Ethnography) by Rudolf Pell Gaudio