By Ann Karus Meeropol
Read or Download A Male President for Mount Holyoke College: The Failed Fight to Maintain Female Leadership, 1934–1937 PDF
Similar college & university education books
Survival of the traditionally Black schools and Universities as edited by way of North Carolina A&T kingdom collage Chancellor Emeritus Edward castle, conceptualizes the techniques, strategic making plans energies, and supply structures that may be of tips to HBCU's as they proceed to outlive during this age of uncertainty.
The reverberations of the rifle pictures that killed 4 scholars on may possibly four, 1970 echoed around the kingdom and past. Nowhere, might be, did they echo with extra patience and poignancy than on the position the place it occurred, the Kent nation collage campus. For greater than ten years the university's identify has been an emblem of the Sixties protest events because the motives of the development have been debated, court cases embroiled members and sufferers, and anxious humans struggled for applicable capability for remembrance and commemoration, every one factor resulting in additional, if much less violent, arguments, demonstrations and confrontations.
As students and directors have sharpened their concentrate on better schooling past developments in entry and commencement premiums for underrepresented students, there are turning out to be demands figuring out the experiential dimensions of school existence. This contributed publication explores what truly occurs on campus as scholars from an more and more wide variety of backgrounds sign up and proportion area.
This quantity explores matters concerned with instructing social concept to preservice lecturers pursuing levels via instructor education schemes and skilled academics and directors pursuing graduate levels. The members aspect their studies instructing theoretical views concerning race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, energy, and the development of colleges as an establishment of the kingdom.
- Enseigner à l'université dans une approche-programme: Un défi à relever (French Edition)
- Education in a Narcissistic Nation: Build Foundations for Students, Not Pedestals
- Academic Leadership in Higher Education: From the Top Down and the Bottom Up
- Regional Upgrading in Southern Europe: Spatial Disparities and Human Capital (Advances in Spatial Science)
- Meaning-Centered Education: International Perspectives and Explorations in Higher Education
- Le « moment 68 » et la réinvention de l’Acadie: Le « moment 68 » et la réinvention de l’Acadie (Collection Amérique française) (French Edition)
Extra info for A Male President for Mount Holyoke College: The Failed Fight to Maintain Female Leadership, 1934–1937
A Male President for Mount Holyoke College: The Failed Fight to Maintain Female Leadership, 1934–1937 by Ann Karus Meeropol