By Thomas K. Hubbard
A significant other to Greek and Roman Sexualities provides a complete choice of unique essays with regards to facets of gender and sexuality within the classical world.
- Views many of the practices and discursive contexts of sexuality systematically and holistically
- Discusses Greece and Rome in each one bankruptcy, with sensitivity to the continuities and variations among the 2 classical civilizations
- Addresses the classical impact at the knowing of later a long time and religion
- Covers creative and literary genres, quite a few social environments of sexual behavior, and the technical disciplines of drugs, magic, physiognomy, and dream interpretation
- Features contributions from greater than forty best overseas scholars
Read Online or Download A Companion to Greek and Roman Sexualities (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best psychology of sexuality books
A wealthy and engrossing account of 'sexual outlaws' within the Hausa-speaking zone of northern Nigeria, the place Islamic legislations calls for strict separation of the sexes and varied principles of habit for ladies and males in nearly each part of lifestyles. the 1st ethnographic learn of sexual minorities in Africa, and one in all only a few works on sexual minorities within the Islamic international Engagingly written, combining leading edge, ethnographic narrative with analyses of sociolinguistic transcripts, old texts, and well known media, together with video, movie, newspapers, and song-poetry Analyzes the social stories and expressive tradition of ‘yan daudu (feminine males in Nigerian Hausaland) when it comes to neighborhood, nationwide, and international debates over gender and sexuality on the flip of the twenty-first century Winner of the 2009 Ruth Benedict Prize within the class of "Outstanding Monograph"
The genuine tale of 1 man’s fight along with his personal homosexuality— used to be he born this fashion, or was once he conditioned through abuse, surroundings, and situation? may perhaps God love him regardless of the approach to life he was once prime? was once it attainable for somebody like him to alter or to be replaced? The author’s route to victory is shared in order that others could understand that “nothing is most unlikely with God.
Lyombe Eko contains out an historic and cultural survey of the rules of visible depictions of specific human sexual behavior from their earliest visual appeal at the clay drugs of the valley of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers in historic Mesopotamia, to the pill desktops of Silicon Valley. The law of Sex-Themed visible Imagery analyzes the modern challenge of the applicability of the human correct of freedom of expression to specific imagery within the face of societal pursuits within the law of representations of human sexuality.
Let's accept it, say Barash and Lipton: men and women, girls and boys, women and men are diversified. to make sure, those transformations are frequently heightened by means of differences in studying, cultural culture, and social expectation, yet underpinning all of them is a primary distinction that derives from biology.
- Contemporary Socio-Cultural and Political Perspectives in Thailand
- Forensic Neuropsychological Evaluation of the Violent Offender (SpringerBriefs in Psychology)
- Sexualaufklärung und Herausforderung Pornographie: Zur digitalen Wirklichkeit des Porno-Konsums bei Jugendlichen (German Edition)
- How I Changed my Gender from Female to Male: The Complete Story of My Transition with Helpful Advice and Tips for Others on the Same Journey
- Sexuality in Greek and Roman Culture (Ancient Cultures)
Extra resources for A Companion to Greek and Roman Sexualities (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Greek and Roman Sexualities (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Thomas K. Hubbard