By Rachel Bowlby
'choice' first enabled through birth control replaced the that means of parenthood? taking a look not just at new parental components yet at older parental tales, in novels and different works, this interesting publication deals clean angles and arguments for considering parenthood today.
Read Online or Download A Child of One's Own: Parental Stories PDF
Best sociology books
Master's Thesis from the yr 2004 within the topic Sociology - Political Sociology, Majorities, Minorities, grade: contrast, The collage of Western Ontario (Department of Sociology), 181 entries within the bibliography, language: English, summary: the aim of this thesis is to find the level to which governments own the ability to steer public opinion.
First released in 1998. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
This quantity is the results of a global comparative learn undertaking entitled "The way forward for Rural groups in Industrialized Societies". The presentation of nationwide reports ended in discussions at the equipment of neighborhood reports, on their theoretical foundation and on their medical and functional use.
Via her lengthy involvement within the German Communist social gathering, Ruth Fischer accumulated worthy fabric on its altering fortunes, the transformation of the Bolshevik get together right into a totalitarian dictatorship, and the degeneration of the Comintern. Drawing in this fabric and on her personal vibrant reminiscences, Fischer reconstructs the heritage of the German Communist get together from 1918 to 1929.
- Equality Struggles: Women’s Movements, Neoliberal Markets and State Political Agendas in Scandinavia (Routledge Research in Gender and Society)
- The Technology of Policing: Crime Mapping, Information Technology, and the Rationality of Crime Control (New Perspectives in Crime, Deviance, and Law)
- The Robbers Cave Experiment: Intergroup Conflict and Cooperation. [Orig. pub. as Intergroup Conflict and Group Relations]
- Social Movements and Activism in the USA
- Humanities in the Twenty-First Century: Beyond Utility and Markets
Extra resources for A Child of One's Own: Parental Stories
A Child of One's Own: Parental Stories by Rachel Bowlby